My SPM RESULT!

by 10:26 PM 7 comments
So hey! My name is Nurin Athirah , the official author of this blog.

On the 3rd of March, all of the students who took the  SPM examination in the year 2014 got their result. What is SPM? It stands for Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia and it is compulsory that every form 5 student to take every year. You could say its the same as taking O-level.

It was the 2nd of March. I stayed up till midnight.God knows what a nervous wreck I was.

HAPPY? - not at all.

SAD?- very.


The worst nightmare keep replaying on repeat in my mind.

Nurin--you will fail that damn examination.
 Nurin, you can never surpass your cousin's result (all of my cousins are super smart people!), Nurin you have commited many sins.
This is God's punishment.
 Nurin- you will fail your Bahasa Malaysia!( I got an E for my trial) 

But I soon replay all of the things happen and the words of the people said to me when I said I was nervous about my SPM result.

A university lecturer: ( I met and talked to her during my part time job as a cashier)
She told me to  always stay positive if you are unsure of what stays ahead. Be positve, and take the risk.
Believe in Gods will!

My bestfriend:
Nurin, i dreamnt about you a few days ago! I dreamnt that you got straight A's for your exam!

My friend :
We promise we would tell our SPM result.

So, on the 3rd of March, I force myself to become relax. My whatsapp was flooded with relatives asking what and how is my result. OH DEAR. STHAP PLEASE. NO.

My mother was cool about it. I didnt want to face the people in my school because of the embarassment look I will get for getting bad result for my SPM.
I made up my mind that I will come in the afternoon where no one will see and face me.
(The result is announced at 10 am btw!)

Around 11 am, I got a miss call from my step mother!
She asked me what is my SPM result.
I told her i didnt know yet. I'll come down to school in the afternoon!
She teased me saying she knows my result.
I told her i didnt want to know yet.
She teased me again- so how many A's do you want to get?
of course I want all straight A's!
She said, your face is shown at the school buletin! of course your result are good.
We ended our conversation after that.

So the moment of truth finally came!
I walked up to the school administration office and there I saw a familiar face!
Matren Suraya! Our school's warden. She was like a great guardian of the school taking care of our need. She's one of the few people who calls me by name Athirah. ( only my family calls me that )

Thirah! Pahal ktk lambat?- Matren Suraya
Kmk fikir kmk dpt result teruk Matren sue.
Thirah! Tahniah ktk dapat straight A!-Matren Sue. 

That conversation up there is in Sarawak dialect.
Here's the complete translation.

Thirah! Why are you late?
I think Ill get bad results Aunty sue!
Thirah! congrats! You got straight A's!

 (PSST! The school spelled my name wrongly btw! Hahaha!)

Immidietly after I hear that, I shed a tear , cried, and hug her.
My mom was waiting in the car.
I was so happy. God knows how grateful I am.

I am . Alhamdullilah. Praise to the Almighty.
But the funny thing though,

when I told my mom my result, she was  like..
Hmm . Owh Okay , Congrats!
I mean normal parents would have this happy face but my mom was like cool..

Haha. I asked her why, she says because she is confident that I will ace my exam!
Called my dad afterwards and thanked him. Obviously, I could see my dad cried. I cried as well seeing him cry though his overseas!



That is the end of my post!. Maybe my next post will be about finding a scholarship, university admission and some useful tips to ace your SPM!



.

Blazing Sun

Developer

An otaku. A food hunter.A hoarder of knowledge, a small girl from the Island of Borneo.Created this blog to share about my experience on studies and scholarship, my journey to pursue knowledge

7 comments: