Kem BTN 2016, Kem Bina Negara Kuala Lipis

by 1:25 PM 1 comments

Hello there! This is roughly my accounts about Kem Biro Tatanegara(BTN)which I attended at Kuala Lipis Pahang .

What is Kem BTN?
It is an obligatory camp by the goverment for every student who will be pursuing their studies overseas. There are tons of base camp just for BTN which is at Nilai and etc.
Our class was chosen to go to Kuala Lipis.

Before I join BTN:
Thought it was a brainwashed camp to make the students to continue support the existing goverment, and a CAMP OF MISERY fills with tears, marching , quizzes and lectures.

After BTN ended:
The best 5 days and 4 nights of my life. After the camp, I realized my general knowledge regarding our country was quite poor and I had a lot of misunderstanding about the current political issues. Since we were together with the students from Kolej Mara Banting , we made new friends and learn a lot from them

So here my story starts ,
the journey. 

It was a tiring 4 hour ride from Kuala Lumpur to Kuala Lipis.
When we arrived it was noon and we were the earliest participants to register.
Let me tell  you about Kem Bina Negara Kuala Lipis, the geography was berbukit-bakau and there we so many damn stairs. It was so tiring just going to our rooms carrying our luggage bag.

As for the facilities,




it was tip top and nothing i can found to be complain about.
I got a double bunk bed cause at night its gonna be hot.

So our first activities starts with lectures for about 2 days. The lectures are mostly about our country, and the political system so we could understand.
I warn you, DO NOT SLEEP.
It will be an intresting talk if you have intrest , if its the complete opposite you will fall asleep eventhough how hard you tried to held it in. JUST LIKE ME.

So every morning and evening, we have exercise . It was fun. Because here, the facilators used a diffrent approach not like the typical team building camp. Usually we exercise through zumba but here we use Senaman Warisan Melayu. (Whats that?) I dont even know myself but it was fun.

Next we were seperated into groups .
Heres my groupmates. comprising of 15 people.. 

So for 3 days , we had group activities aka Latihan Dalam Kumpulan(LDK). So this is where we break the ice and get to know each other with the students from KMB .

During LDK, there will be multiple presentations, debates, talks about your opinion and your attitude. Its not that formal so you can do it in a casual way.
For example , between all these 4 elements which is YOURSELF, RACE, RELIGION and COUNTRY which is the most important to you and explain why.
If you enjoy talking just like me , it will be fun.

As for the food, we ate 6 times a day and was well feeded, Honestly, the food here was great, and no complains!

On the last day of the camp, we had a QUIZ which is amounted for 40% for our camp evalutaion.
If you dont have general knowledge, it will be hard, so before you come to the camp, make sure to read the newspaper!

On the other hand 60% of the camp evaluation comes from our active participations in group!

It was a bit sad on the last day as we've finally warm up and get to know the other participants. I t was the greates camp of my life
If I never attended this camp, honestly, i would know nothing about my country and probably my patriotic spirit will be in a slump.
Joining this camp made me realize that we are pursuing our studies using the PEOPLE'S money and we are obligated , we have a responsiblity to give back to our country. Cause thats the goverment's purpose is it not? SO that our people and country continues to bloom.

Thank you everyone for the memories, our paths may be diffrent, maybe this will be the last time we met, but as long as we're under the same sky and share the same purpose we will surely meet again!

Blazing Sun

Developer

An otaku. A food hunter.A hoarder of knowledge, a small girl from the Island of Borneo.Created this blog to share about my experience on studies and scholarship, my journey to pursue knowledge

1 comment:

  1. salam.nak tanya,asrama dia sediakan iron tak?terima kasih

    ReplyDelete